Rumor mills are forming a cloud of anticipation yet uncertainty around Mariah Carey & her upcoming LP, which is still scheduled for a May 6 release date.
Despite the diva’s last single “You’re Mine (Eternal)” peaking at a bleak #88 on the Hot 100, it seems as if Ms. Carey is still giving the green light with this project. Last year, her collaboration with Miguel on “#Beautiful” reached Platinum status, peaked at #15 on the charts & was received warmly by critics.
Lately, Mariah fans have taken to twitter to vent their frustrations with the diva’s team. Jeramine Dupri (her manager) in particular, throwing accusations that they are not handling her properly in regards to this upcoming LP. No track listing, cover, title or anything has been released about the LP.. All we know is “May 6th”
Below is a screenshot of Mariah’s album being available for Pre-Order on Amazon.com in the United Kingdom:
Hmm.. Could it be that this album is truly coming?
Also, here’s a screen cap of the album being available for Pre-Order on Amazon U.S.:
As a Mariah fan, I can’t help but be excited.. yet nervous. What is she doing? What’s going on? How is this album going to sell with no lead single making considerable impact on the charts at the moment?
Only time will tell. Until then, we will watch to see if Mariah can do it yet again. I believe she can.
Mariah Carey, the notorious Queen of Christmas, has taken yet another holiday & gone overboard with it in a way we only expect & love to see from Ms. Mariah herself!
The diva celebrated Easter with her husband, children & her best friend Rae-Rae. It seems like Mariah not only loves Christmas… she loves all holidays!
While we’re talking about her, where’s this album Mimi?
Anyways, check out some pictures from the diva’s festive Easter Sunday:
As Mariah Carey fans all over the world know, March 27 is the day of Mariah Carey’s birthday… or as she likes to call it, the “anniversary of her 12th birthday.” The eternally 12 year old Diva has shattered many records over the years, so in honor of her birthday, Gowhere wants to list 12 amazing things the Diva has done for music:
1) Most #1s of any solo artist with a total of 18 chart topping hits.
2) Responsible for the integration of mainstream Pop & Hip-Hop with her ’95 collaboration with ODB on “Fantasy” … It’s New York in the houusseeee !
3) Most #1s of any female songwriter with a total of 17 self-written chart topping hits.
4) Most successful song of the 90s Decade with “One Sweet Day” featuring Boyz II Men holding the summit for 16 weeks.
5) Most successful song of the 2000s Decade with “We Belong Together” holding the #1 spot for 14 weeks.
6) Mariah’s “Merry Christmas” is the best selling Christmas album of all time with 15+ million records sold.
7) Mariah’s “All I Want For Christmas Is You” has become a modern day Christmas classic & one of the best selling Christmas tunes of all time.
8) Her coveted 5+ octave range has been imitated by many but duplicated by none.
9) Her “The Emancipation of Mimi” album was the best selling album of 2005 & brought her back to the forefront of music after many considered her career “over”
10) She has won 5 Grammy Awards, 17 World Music Awards, 11 American Music Awards, 31 Billboard Awards & collaborated with Whitney Houston on their Oscar-winning duet “When You Believe”
11) She is one of the best selling artists of all time with sales of over 215 million albums/singles sold worldwide.
12) And through it all… she’s still smoking hot.
The first time the world heard a Voice that would change Music.. Circa 1990:
Last year, showing her lasting power, Carey’s single #Beautiful featuring Miguel peaked at #15 on the Hot 100 & was certified Platinum by the RIAA. Over the span of 2+ decades, Mariah Carey has been a major force in the landscape of music. Happy 44th Mimi.
From her husband, Nick Cannon:
Gregor Salto and Funkin Matt come together for a dope remix of Mariah Carey‘s latest single “You’re Mine (Eternal)”. Check out Mariah’s original video below.
They keep Mariah’s inimitable vocals, but replace the downtempo R&B beat with a funky garage-house spin. — DJZ
Mariah Carey “You’re Mine (Eternal)”
The songbird supreme, also known as the legendary Mariah Carey, surprised B. Scott, a high profile online blogger, with an unforgettable Happy Birthday… from her shower! B. Scott and Mariah have been friends since 2009 when the two had an interview during Mariah’s “Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel” era. Ever since then, the two have been inseparable friends!
Runs, range, & vocals! Listen below: